Disappointed with ADVmonster Waterproof Voltmeter

I bought ADVmonster Waterproof Voltmeter in December 8th, 2012.  This unit was placed on my BMW F650CS - Scarver.

A few months later, one of the LED bar failed as seen below. (4/30/2013)



They sent me a replacement for the failed unit.

TODAY, it has been less than a year since the replacement, the unit FAILED again.
I rode in a heavy rain on my way home.  In the midst of the commute, the meter started to post 30 volts and the volt indication was jumping all over the place.

My first thought was that my voltage regulator was going out.  BUT if so, with 30 volts, certainly the fuse would have blown.

The second thought was that I got water in some unknown place and making the bike going crazy.  But again, if so, one of the fuse would have blown and I would see the result somewhere.

The only reason I can think of is that the voltmeter itself has gone bad.  Here is a video I took when I got home.


Here is another picture.  You can see some film like moisture (or something) inside the front cover.

 

I am so disappointed.

=(


Comments

Jason - said…
Terrible - very sorry you've run into such issues. I had considered purchasing this item, but thanks to your comments I will save my money for fuel.

Maybe the item was made for a bike that is only ridden in fair weather? :D