Georgia '14 - Day 3

Day 3
Ellijay, GA - Robbinsville, NC

We took an early morning ride from Ellijay to Robbinsville via Chalohala Skyway.  Unfortunately, it was a bit rainy and foggy, but we had a blast.

First we stopped at a drive-in.



Check out the price of a burger here - $2.15.  I haven't see price like this in long time.  I didn't order anything there, but I wonder what that burger is like.





Nice drizzly ride.


Still lots of fun!  We reached at the highest point of the skyway.



After our morning fun, we stopped at Lynn's Place to grab a bite. 

Then off to our camp site, Cheoah Point campground.


We had the reservation at site #23, but that site was completely trashed - dirty diapers in fire ring and other garbage!  So we decided to go take another site - #14.  It worked out GREAT.


Then a thunder storm came through our campground.  Everyone evacuated to under my tarp.  9 foot tarp with 3 guys under it.  ;-)

After the storm passed, we took off to Deals Gap Resort.  The resort is typically open until 7 pm, but because of the storm, it was already closed when we arrived at 5.  Bummer.

Back to our campsite, build fire, and dinner.




When I saw this Pad Thai package, I was so excited.  I get to have Thai food at the camp ground!  But the food was NASTY.  I ate it because I was hungry, but I threw away more than half of it.

We were tired.  As the sun set, so did we.














Comments