Suzuki SV650

so i found a suzuki sv650 on a forum, two wheeled texans. (http://www.twtex.com/) it's a 2002 and has 8000 miles on it.

i send this guy email. he sends me some pics. it looks good and his asking price is GREAT! but the bike is in victoria, tx. according to googlemap, thats like 3-4 hrs away. so i tell him, meet me half way and i will buy it from him. i was thinking if he can drive it that far, the bike must be in a good shape. he agrees.

the day i was to meet him, i got my cash and call him to tell him i am on my way. he saids that he can not find anyone to follow him to the location. he had to have a chaser so he can get back. not good. so i tell him, "ok, i will drive all the way to victoria, but you gonna have to give me a little break on the $$. he agrees and gives me another $100 off. Cool.

i drive my truck down to victoria. well, it only took me 2 hrs, not bad. i look at the bike. as i suspected, it's a spray paint job. but so what. it is low miles and runs ok. i drove it arond a few blocks and everything works well. put it on the back of my truck and drive back. i drove much slower on the way home, just to be kind to the bike. i didn't want to knock it down or anything like that.

ok, so i get back home, i get it down, it won't start. *&^#&^$(&*^!!!!!!!

well i had to go to a dinner, then out of town, so it sat in my garage for 5-6 days. during these days, it was killing me because i could not work on the stupid bike. anyway, i finally get home and went out and bought a carb cleaner spray, engine startar spray, and new ngk plugs. cost me about $25 all together.

first i took out the air filter, which was clean, and sprayed the starter liquid. i tried to start it up. it started... but it was very rough. so i changed the plugs next. oh, it was about 15-30 min. job to change the plugs. that was the answer. the motor purrrrrreeeeed like a kitten. what a sweet sound.

so now this is my commuter. kiki wants me to sell my intruder. i am resisting it...

pictures to come later.

Comments