What NOT to do. DOH!

I get to work Thursday. Put the ignition switch to the handle bar lock position, so I thought. I go into my office.

It's the end of the day. I am walking toward my bike thinking "how beautiful day it is. I need to take the long way back home." I get to my bike. I turn the key to on position. No light.... AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I knew it then. I accidentally left the ignition in the "P" position, P for parking. (Yeah, yeah, I did it again.) Ignition in the parking position will leave the tail light and position light on, but you can take the key out. So I basically drained my battery for 8 hours.

With my shoulders down, I walk back to my office. I open my drawer where my emergency envelope is located. In my emergency envelope, there are three dollar bills and two quarters. That will take me near home via public transportation.

Friday, I take my truck into work with my folding ramps. I email my strongest friend Gavin. He and my buddy Eric met me in the parking lot and helped me load the bike onto the back of the truck.






It's Saturday now. I left the Battery Tender connected over night. It is all charged up. And yes, I just got it started.

Comments