Ninja update: making small progress at a time

Last week, I received two shipments, rear wheel with tire & chain sprocket set.

Here is the wheel/tire that I got from a ebay seller crashedcrotchrockets. A great guy to deal with.  I was very happy to see the shipment 3 days after I sent him $$.  Tire looks good and wheel looks straight.  It came with sprocket, which is barely used.  

IMG_1968IMG_1969


It did not come with the rear disk, so I transferred it from my old wheel.
IMG_1970

My old wheel had a bent. I know I can get it fixed here in Houston, but it would had cost me $150.00. Then to get a new tire on that, it would have cost me $250.00. But since crashedcrotchrockets was selling this for $150, I saved about $100.00!!!

Now, the chain and sprockets were different story - a disappointing one.  I bought this set on ebay from Jawzy's Powersports.  Here is the screenshot of what i bought.

jawzys

It clearly states that I am buying a 106 link chain. But they sent me 120 link chain. I didn't notice it until I started to put it on. Just sent them ebay message. We'll see what happens. But this means that I don't get to ride it next week.

I also changed the front brake pads.  It was worn out completely.  It took me about 30 min. to get this part done - a very easy process!

And lastly the headlight - the low beam was burnt out.  It's an easy change, but not cheap when using a SilverStar® ULTRA H7 bulb.

Comments