NGK iridium tipped plugs

9850 miles

Everyone on the Internet swears that installing an iridium tipped spark plug (NGK DPR8EA-9) will help with the surging and stalling issues.  So I decided to try that.  The plug cost me about $2.50.  But when I got home, the plug did not have the screw on top.  My bike needs the little nipple that screws onto the top of the plug.

I made another trip to a near by auto parts store and had to buy another plug of different brand to get the nipple.  So I ended up spending about $5.00 all together.  Once home, I set the plug gap to be 0.6 - .07 mm as stated on the manual.  I looked from the right side, but there was no way I can get to the plug without removing the stuff bay.  So everything came off around the stuff bay.

I blew some dust off around the spark plug area on top of the engine, then proceeded to change the plug.  Once all the plastic was off.  It was very easy.  Pulling the plastic off and putting the plastic back on together took me about 1 hr.

Comments