Adjusting Ninja 250 Choke

Adjusting the choke on Ninja 250

17,511 miles

Symptom: When I pull the choke all the way, the choke does not engage.Fix: I found this on the repair manual.  But in order to get to it, I needed to take off the seat, lower fairings, side covers, and gas tank.  It takes a lot longer to deal with the body parts than adjusting the cable.

When I got to the area where the choke cable was attached to the carb, it was very grimy.  I sprayed some carb cleaner to get some of the grimes off.  Then later sprayed good amount of wd-40 for the lubrication.

The above direction is pretty clear, but I just could not find the adjuster. I first look for it by the carb... no such thing. Then I looked around the handle bar... no such thing. The adjuster is right about the halfway point of the cable.

Looking at the adjuster, I didn't know which way was to make the cable tighter. I messed around and found out that I need to move the big adjuster closer to the carb.  

Now my choke engages correctly!

Comments