Scarver Stalling & Surging

Scarvers are know for its stalling and surging.  I have one of those bike.  So far, I have struggled with it for about 6,000 miles.  I've changed the spark plug to iridium type.  That eliminated the surging problem, but it lowered the mpg by at least 2 miles.

For a while I thought the problem was also in fuel.  I tried different brands and different octane.  I had the best luck with a good brand, like Chevron, and the premium (93) octane.  Today, I'm riding with Chevron 87 without stall.  This is the result of having the ECU reset.

Right now, my goal is to put it back to the normal plug to get the fuel mileage back and eliminate both surging and stalling.  The new approach I have is to reset the ECU once a week by taking the ECU fuse out for 15 min. or so.  This approach has helped eliminating the stalling problem.

MLK weekend is coming up.  I am going to change the oil, oil filter, and the spark plug back to the normal type.  I will also reset the ECU.

Take off the seat.

Take the cover off the fuse box. (in red circle)


Pull out the ECU fuse for 15 min.

Comments