Too Heavey for Commuting?

F650CS = 400 lbs
GL1500  = 800 lbs

Goldwing is comfortable in commuting once I'm on HOV.  I can relax and put cruise on.  I can even put some tunes on.  But in congested 'stop'n go' highways and city streets, it's just TOO HEAVY.  It has to do with the way I am built.  My upper body isn't that strong.

Also my inseam is only 30 inch and I can only get one foot flat on the ground.  One of the option is to take out some foam from the seat, but that would compromise the comfort, which is the main objection here.  I can lower the suspension, but again, that will compromise the comfort by shortening the suspension travel.

Plus, the fuel economy on the wing is 1/2 of what I get on the 650.

I think I will stay with the Scarver for the commute and enjoy the wing for the weekend and other long rides.

Comments