Tank Bag for F650CS

I've been very happy with my rear trunk.  It gives me a lot of room to store accessories and gears.  But the stuff bay has been empty all the time - a bit lonely.  Sometimes, I park my helmet there while gearing up.  OR other times, I put my fast food bag in there.  It is very useful.

BUT it is such a wasted space when it comes to long ride.  So I've been looking for a good "tank" bag.  (It's not really a tank bag, since there is not tank there.  The space is called "Stuff Bay".)  I measured the bay and did some research online.  A camera bag, Tarmac Expedition 3, is about the right size.



I've ridden a bit with the bag unsecured.  It rode just fine, but made me a bit worried that the bag would fly out of the bay.  I had to be creative to come up with a good solution.  It didn't have to be the perfect solution.

Do you remember "webbed belt"?  Those belts were so popular when it came out in the 70's.  All my classmates had to have them, but I couldn't afford it.  I thought that a black belt might work good for securing the bag.
from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webbed_belt


Off to a Goodwill store!  I found a tan textile belt in 34 inch length, but not black one for $1.99.  There wasn't a black one.


Initial test looked like this.


NOT BAD! I'd rather it to be a black belt, but I can live with this.


Do you see those two metal holes? I lined two sets up.  Then you can put a padlock loop through them.  I also put the belt through the front of the bag.


Now it is secure in a sense that it won't fly out of the bay and also secure from the general public.  (may be)

Comments