Some maintenance

GL1500 = 39,000 miles
F650CS = 20,700 miles

Scarver = a typical air filter change today.  I saw it pretty dirty last time when I had all the plastics off, so I ordered one online.



Goldwing = Flushing the hydraulic clutch and brakes.  My son, JJ, helped me with pumping.

The clutch bleeder is just below the alternator.  It's tricky to get the 10mm wrench in there.


The rear is a pain since I have to take the left saddle bag off.  This bleeder is 8 mm.  This was the only 8mm bleeder, the rest were 10 mm.



Since Goldwing 1500 uses the linked brake system, when you press the brake pedal, it uses the rear disk brake and front left disk brake.  So as I bled the rear brake, I had to get the front left as well.  The trick was to get the fender cover, just behind the fork, off.  Pull out fron the grommet gently.  Then there are two tabs that are attached to the fender.


Once the rear is done, do the front brake which is the right side.

When you are done, this is what you get.




Comments