HID on F650CS

22,100 miles

Got the package to day - off eBay for less than $30.00.



This is what you get.


Hooked up the HID via a relay.  Relay gets turned on with the ignition.  HID should not be connected directly to the headlight harness, since when cranking engine, the light goes out.

Unfortunately the bulb's H3 indention was in the wrong spots.  So I had to cut the plastic a bit.
=(

Everything else when OK.  Here is what it looks like.

Below left is the stock 55W H3.  Right is the new 35W HID.  Use less power but as bright, if not more.



I kept the high beam side as is so that I can continue to use the Passing Light feature.

And since I bought the kit for the car, I have a back up.  That's kind of cool too.

Safe riding everyone!

Comments

Kevin said…
Where did you place the ballasts?
Jim K. said…
Hey Kevin,

I put it behind the silver hood under the screen. In the picture linked below, the ballast is not shown, but I put it there.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8315358647_ef738edf67.jpg