Day 4 ~ Monday 19th: Colorado Springs - Keystone, CO

120 Miles

It's time to say good-bye to Mecca Motel. I had very good restful two nights in the comfort of AC. I highly recommend this place.

The route was very simple that day. I just need to get to Keystone where my work summer conference will take place. I could have done something tricky using back roads, but the rain forecast scared me a bit and decided to stay on the tarmac.


Ride through the Wilkinson Pass and San Luis Valley beyond is beautiful. I arrive in the town of Hartsel. I found Highline Cafe & Saloon to have lunch.


Ordered "Blue Moon Burger" off the menu.


Enjoyed reading the home made placemat.



And enjoyed their burger, too.



After leaving Hartsel, I began seeing the grey cloud toward my destination. I pulled out my rain gear in Alma, CO. (Nice little town. I need to go back to visit.) I should have put them on, not just pull them out to be ready. It was pouring over the Hoosier Pass (pictured in clear day). Luckily my jacket and pants are semi water resistant, but pulled over and put them on. This turned out to be the ONLY rain I saw in Colorado this time.





I rode through Breckenridge and arrived in Keystone in no time. It was a nice easy day of ride.



Comments