Preceding the ride

June is my birthday month. This is not the whole reason, but I was looking for a bike. Not necessarily that I wanted to take it my MotoRado trip, but I was looking for something. I knew that I could trade in my Suzuki Burgman.

I found a nicely farkled pre-owned 2015 NC700X at Mainland Cycle Center in La Marque. They were asking $5,300. I went to look at the bike. It had a lot of add-ons. (See this post for the list of farkles that it came with http://xamper.blogspot.com/2016/06/welcome-nc700x-dct.html ) After a negotiation, they came down to within my budget. I traded the Burgman in and I rode NanC (That's what I call her - yeah, real original.)



I had three weeks to decide if I wanted to take NanC to Colorado or to take DLilah - 2003 VStrom 1000. I couldn't make up my mind until Dlilah decided to blow her water pump seal. Honda was selected to be the one to take me to Colorado.

Honda had a few problems, too. But the main problem was the tire valve not sealing right. I would check the tire pressure. Then the valve stem would not seat back to seal the air. It turned out that the previous owner used Dyna Beads in the tires. It was getting stuck in the valve stems and destroying them every time I check the air pressure. =(

Since the decision to take NanC, most of the auxiliary electronic stuff was transplanted from DLilah, volt meter, aux 12v cig supply, Zumo 660 mount, etc. Also, I purchases a set of Acerbis handguard.

I was not very happy with the softness of its rear suspension with the bike loaded. But I had to live with it and the departure morning arrived.

Comments