Tail light burned out

2015 HONDA NC700X

29,500 miles

Light bulb in the tail light assembly lasted nearly 30,000 miles and 2 years. Is that good? Is that bad? I think it is average.

I went to Auto Zone after work and picked up 1157 bulbs. $10.00. Now I have a spare.


What was tricky was to figure out how the tail light assembly was attached to the tail. There are two allen head screws (in red circle). Then open the plastic cover under the passenger seat. That has a small phillips head. You will find a big phillips head screw near the tail. You need to unscrew that. So there are total of four screws you need to undo.



Once undone, it is a typical bulb change. Twist the housing and replace the bulb.


That's it. It took me about 30 min figuring out how to undo the tail assembly. Next time I can get it done in 15 min. or less.

Happy riding

Comments