New Battery for R1150GS

30,515 miles


At the end of November, the clock on the dashboard reset twice. Then I knew something was up. The first suspect was the battery knowing it has been at least two years old and bike not being ridden as much. I ordered Odyssey PC680 battery from Amazon.


The first Monday of December, 2017... Getting ready to commute...

The bike is in neutral. Turn the ignition on. Dashboard comes on. Hit the starter....

click click click......

It appears that I ordered the battery one day too late... commute on the cage... =(

The battery was to be delivered that night. Amazon gave some excuse and it didn't arrive as promised. (why do i pay prime?)

Tuesday - I commute on the cage again. =(
But the battery arrives mid day Tuesday.



Installation took 15 min max. No need to remove the tank. Just lift it up.

Happy riding everyone!



Comments

Jim K. said…
10,000 miles and almost 9 month later, the battery is dead. I ride the bike almost everyday and there has not been any problem. This morning, the battery is too weak to crank. I need to look into their warranty.