Harley Joins the Team

A 2008 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic, FLHTCUI, has join the team at the end of October.

It came in the form of a Street Glide want-to-be, but I've put the tour pack back on and added a captain's backrest.


Today was the first maintenance at 22,677 miles.


I've changed
  • engine oil and oil filter [next maintenance: 27,677 miles]
  • primary oil [next maintenance: 32,677 miles]
  • spark plugs [next maintenance: 42,677 miles]
  • transmission gear oil [next maintenance: 42,677 miles]
  • air filter [inspect: 27,677 miles]
  • Battery with Chrome Battery YTX30L-BS
Rear brake switch was out, so that was also changed.

Changing the oil filter was a mess. I need to figure out a better way of doing it. Next time, I'd like to use K & N KN-171B OIL FILTER.

Parts I bought at HD dealer cost a bit over $60.00 and engine oil, transmission oil, etc has cost another $100.00






It looks like the someone stripped the nut as they adjusted the clutch. I need to take a look at that.



Parts are from Waco HD.

Got fluids from the local auto parts store.
  • Engine/Primary Oil: Mobile 1 20W-50
  • Transmission Oil: Mobile 1 85W-140


Comments