Dunlop D605s

Honda CRF300L Rally
2767 miles 

The OEM IRC tires were worn out, especially the rear. I decided to put on Dunlop D605 tires.
Front: 2.75-21
Rear: 120-80/18
  



I rode 120 miles (3 hours) of a mixed road surface to test the tires. I would give a solid "B" as its grade. Tarmac, hard gravel, loose gravel, and some rough terrain were easy to handle on these tires.

I give A+ on loose gravel. It had very good traction. The front digs well and is easy to turn into loose dirt corners. For that, probably the best tire I've ever ridden. On a hard-packed surface, it wanders a bit around 30 mph ish. (I might reduce tire pressure next time.) But you get used to it after a while. It's solid above 40mph. No problem going 50 and 60 on a gravel road. Riding on paved roads is good too, but I need to test it on wet conditions. My GPS vibrated badly between 40-60 on the tarmac. This could be a wheel balance problem. 

I rode on the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure, 23psi, from and back. During the ride, front stayed at 23 psi, but the rear increased to 26 psi with the road heat. I will reduce them to 20 psi before the next gravel ride.





Comments