getting the bike to run

When I put my bike in the garage with EG, I tried to start it. ‘Click click clidk click …’ no ‘brooooooom!’. It had a dim light and wimpy ‘beep’ when I honked. So my first reaction was ‘weak battery’. So tonight, it was ’searching where the battery is located’ game night.

As my wife rode her indoor bike and watched her Thursday night TV, I pulled side covers off and the main seat off, no battery! With my show light, I looked for good 10 minutes following all the electric wires. I finally found it in a place I would have never looked, in front of the rear wheel, between the exhaust pipes, at the very bottom of the bike.

Now it is time to get the battery out. Here is something else I did not know. You have to unscrew the cables from the posts before you can open the compartment, which is a tray holding the battery upright. When you open this compartment, basically the battery drops to the floor. But if you have it attached to the cables, it will not drop all the way.

So now I have the battery out. Tomorrow I need to recharge it.

Comments