CRAZY week

This week was one of the craziest weeks I had. Monday, after riding to work and parking, I turn the key to “Park” (which keeps the tail light on) instead of OFF. DOH! I did not realize this until when I returned to my bike after work. I realized as soon as I put my key in the ignition. I pray …. I put the ignition to ON. Turn on the starter ….. DOUBLE DOH!! nothing ….

hmmmm…. So I tried to push start…. many times…. sweat dripping from everywhere… Yes it was about 98degrees. I just won’t start in any gear. bummer…

I put the bike back in my parking spot. I go back to my office and call my insurance company, praying that I got the roadside assistant. I got to talk to a real kind guy on the phone. Very pleasant. Anyway, I had the roadside assistance. YEAH! I tell the guy on the phone, make sure they send someone who can jump-start a motorcycle.

I waited about 30 min for the call back. After that, it took about 20 min. for the guy to show up. Well, he is not equipped to jump-start a motorcycle. It was a pop-a-lock guy. Bummer…

So Tuesday, I bring in tools and got the battery out. I hooked it up to my charger in my office. It was completely charged by Wednesday morning. So after work on Wednesday, I put the battery back in. Brrrrooooom, YEAH! I am fixing to go home, DOH! I have no clutch. I went to talk to Mr. Xootism. He and I look around and found out that there was a leak from my slave cylinder. I wonder if I broke it when I was trying to push start the bike.

Thursday, I call around to see how much the slave cylinder would cost, anywhere from $55 ~ $75. No body had it in stock. So my local dealer gave me the highest quote, but they can get it the quickest. So I went with them.

Friday, I borrowed a bike ramp and tie down from my friend CK. Afterwork Xootism and Dr. Chuck helped me load the bike onto my truck. Thanks guys. At home KIKI helped me unload the bike. Now it sits in my garage, waiting for the slave cylinder.

Comments