Negative Battery Cable

The other day I had another problem. After work, I stared my sv650s and got on my way home. in less than 0.1 miles, it dies. it was obvisous that i was having an electric problem.

I pushed the bike back to my parking lot, and my buddy mr. xootism helped me fix the bike. well, there was this HUGE wire nut job done on the negative/ground cable and it was loose. so i ordered a new OEM negabie calbe for $20.00 from a dealer.

it came in today.


so i got the side covers and front seat off. as usual, take the negative connection from the battery off, then the positive side. It revealed how bad the negative wiring was on this svs.

cracked negative cable


HUGE nut


took the electic tape off the nut


inside the nut - making good connection - NOT!


now i have to take off the ground connection. it's located behind this hose by the crank case.


if you look in there carefully, this is what you find.


the bolt is an 8mm bolt. after getting the bolt out get the old wire out. and here are the old wires in 3 pieces.


now route the new cable and bolt it back to where it was (the ground connection)


put the battery back together, connect positive then negative. put the seat back on and side covers and you are done. my baby is puuurrrrring just like it should.

j-)

Comments