MIinneapolis Bridge Collapse

as i heard this new late that night, i worried about my friend who works near the bridge. it was too late to phone her, so i email her. she replied back next morning. what a relief.

the second thing came to my mind was what can i do if that happens while riding my bike. ride to the edge of the bridge and hang onto the rail? i don't think there is much more a motorcyclist can do.

as i listen to the local news media, eveyone is talking about the bridge safety in houston. what worries me the most is not really the daily driving, but the hurricane evacuation. to have hundreads of cars and trucks on one bridge bumper to bumper scares me. the bridge have to deal with so much weight. fortunately nothing like that happend during last evacuation mess. but who knows. when the contra-flow gets implemented better, each bridge will have to deal with the twice the weight.

Comments