Electrical Gremlin

It is hiding somewhere in my bike...

Monday morning, I took my SV out for commute. As it idled the headlight flickered once. This was the first sign. I rode it down the street for about 3/4 of a mile, then the headlight dimmed and the needles in my gage went NUTS. So I turn around and made it back home, as it died on my driveway. Since then I had not power on my SV.

Naturally, I took my Intruder to work. It is still a nice cruiser! I am getting to know her better.

Although I started with simple solutions, SV is now in pieces. First I checked the battery. It was fine, 12.5V. Checked the battery connection, it was fine. So I took all of the plastics off and started to clean all of the connections. Some connections, I used fine sandpaper to clean it off. Other connections, I used contact cleaning spray.

I cleaned connection after connection. Now I have power again. I began putting the plastics back on last night. I should get her done tonight. Oh, Mr. Gremlin, where art thou?

Comments