4runner 4 wheel alignment

157,500 +

Right before I took the 4runner to get new tires, i recognized some uneven wear on the tires. So I decided to get the 4 wheel alighment.

We had asked a near by repair shop to do it($79) and oil/filter change ($39). Then about 30 min later they called and tells me that my air filter is beyond filthy and I need the throttle body clean up. Hmmmmm. I changed the air filter 8 months ago and have put probably 10,000 miles on the car. So I did not buy that story.

Then when I went to pay, they askedm to pay more than what I expected. They charged me tire rotation and wheel balance for $39, which i never asked them to do. Hmmmmmm. They say that they talked to my wife and got the permission to perform this task. So i asked them that if they noticed that tires are new. (tires are 2 days old and a professional would have recognized the tire and would notice no rotation would be needed.)

They claimed that they got the charges confused between two cars (mine and some minivan) and placed wrong charge on wrong account. Honest mistake? May be... may be not...

I also did not see the owner of the shop. I also noticed that the all the personel has changed. I wonder if that place have been bought out. Hmmmm.... Without saying, i will be shopping for a new repair shop.

Comments