kissing the ground....


it has happened. i have kissed the ground tuesday night (Nov. 17, 2009). yes, i
crashed as i was coming home after teaching. it wasn't pretty. BUT GOD wasn't done with me on this earth yet. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

it was the famous "cager making left turn" right in front of you. a
2009 black benz clk tried tor turn into a kroger gas station. i did
my best to avoid making contact. i still don't know if i made the
contact or not. but as i made the evasive movement, i lost control of
my bike and went down. apparently the eye witness told the police i
went over the handle bar. but i don't know if i did or not. it
happened so fast. i remember seeing the car turning into my lane.
next thing i remember was plastic parts of my bike were flying all
over the place. some pieces were coming right at me. then i realized
i landed in the middle of a lane. i feared for my life by getting ran
over by on coming traffic. so i crawled on my knees and hands, to the
shoulder. there i collapsed.

police came, ems came, i took an ambulance ride - ended up at st.
johns emergency room, possible left shoulder separation, left wrist
sprain, and possible right thumb fracture. i was completely geared up
with full-face helmet, armored textile jacket (cut up by ems), armored
pants (ripped where i landed), riding gloves, and steel-toe boots (not
riding boots).

my insurance company, progressive with which i am VERY impressed, just
left my house with $$ for my bike (totaled) and $$ for my gear. now i
have to collect my deductible and medical $$ from the other insurance
company.

y'all be careful out there.

Comments