Carburetors

CB750 Carb Assembly

As I mentioned before the CB750 runs only when the choke is engaged. I think I have dirty jet. Today, I took the carburetor assembly off the bike.

I had the air filter assembly off the bike for a while, so taking the carburetor assembly was a piece of cake... NOT!!!! It was completely stuck to the intake tube. I saw on YouTube someone yanking it with a broom handle. I tried that, but failed. I read on online forum to use a break bar, but failed.

So I ended up using a ratchet type bike tie down. I wrapped one end to the carb assembly and the other to the passenger handle. As I tightened it, the carb assembly popped out. =)

Extradition

But today, I really didn't want to disassemble completely. I opened the bowls and clean all the parts that I can get to from there. Some of the jets were completely clogged up and the bowls were dirty with scum.

CB750 Carbs

I gave them Gumout Carb Clearner bath - made a bowl stand with Bisquick box from the breakfast. My wife makes mean biscuits. =)

CB750 Carbs

I used unneeded cut end of acoustic guitar strings to open up the clogged jets.

Once everything was cleaned up, it was time to put the assembly back on. This took me FOREVER!!!! It just refused to go into the tubes. So finally, I used 4x4 lumber and a break bar and force it in.
CB750

I am completely wiped out from fighting with the assembly. So tomorrow, I will turn the engine on.

Comments