Installing Dyna S Ignition - Part 3

Tonight, I set the static timing on the bike. For some reason, when I connected my 12v test light (an old turn signal), the light was always on. It was supposed to be off until the timing marker aligned. Well, I had to spend a quite bit time to trouble shoot this. I cam to found out that I made a mistake on the following step.



I thought I had it right. BUT it turned out that the little tool provided by the Dynatek did not cut through the red wire. So I had to manually cut it to make a good connection. After that, my turn signal worked beautifully as a static timing light.

My static timing light. =)
Static Timing

+ side of the turn signal.


- side of the turn signal
Static Timing

Advanced timing markings
Static Timing

The light came on. =)
Static Timing

As stated here on step #2, make sure to hold the black rotor to advanced position to set the timing.

Tomorrow, hopefully I will turn the engine on. =)

Comments