The First Commute

I had a log of fun with the Sportster during my first commute. I would like to list some pro's and con's of this bike.

first Pro's
  • It looks GREAT!
  • Very comfortable for my aging body.
  • It shifts firmly. I haven't missed a gear yet.
  • The windshield helps a lot on cold commute.
  • Running light (turn signals) helps visibility from the front.
  • Hazard lights
  • Turn signal cancels automatically.

next Con's
  • Fuel Mileage = 37mpg... YIKIES! I read all over the internet that people are getting 50mpg or better. hmmmm..... I need to do some investigation.
  • Right Turn Signal Switch - Why do you have to put that on the right side control? It is very difficult to press it while i am on the gas - most other manufactures place it on the left side.
  • It has the least comfortable stock seat I've ever experienced.
  • No running light other than the tail light.

Comments