12V Auxiliary Power Outlet

Now that I have a GPS, I need to feed some POWER!

First, I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts store and picked up a 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet, part #10722. This unit is listed at $6.76, but I got it on sale for $3.99!!

12v socket installation

I've already had a Battery Tender for many years. And one of the part that comes with it is the "pigtail". One end of the pigtail would bolt onto the battery of the bike and the other to battery tender. Well, in this case, instead of going to the battery tender, it will go to this power outlet.
12v socket installation


On my Sportster, you have to disconnect the big fuse off the positive terminal to disable the power to the bike. Then you connect the negative to the engine block, where the negative cable attaches to, and positive end to the battery terminal.pigtail connection

Hey, it works!!!
12v socket installation


Tuck it away neatly and it's done!
12v socket installation

Comments