Holy Cow: Step Holder Bolt!!!

StepHolder

So the bolt that holds the left side main step came loose while riding. The problem is that the gear shifter is attached to that and when it comes loose, you can not shift!!!!!!! Yeah, I was screaming SHIFT!!!!

At least I didn't lose the bolt. I barely caught the bolt as I coasted into the side alley. In the darkness of an alley in Houston, I tried my best to put that allen head bolt back into the spot and tightened it. Thank goodness I was only a mile or so away from my office. I drove back there and dig around the tool box. Found a few allen wrenches and at least one (I think it was SAE size) fit good enough to tightened it. I rode back home (30 miles) without any problem.

So lesson learned. I just put all the original tools that came with the bike in a small bag and placed it under the rear seat. Then loosened all the main step bolts and put blue lock tight on all four.

But my first day of commute was FUN!

Comments