Ninja: First Commute

This morning I commuted with my Ninja 250. Some thoughts...
  1. It is a very light bike.  I can whip that thing on my drive way and around the corner like a toy compared to my HD Sportster.  It is light and nimble.  I like it.
  2. Because it is light, cross wind can become a problem. I was drifting off a 18 wheeler going about 70mph down I45.  Some turbulence from the trailer was bothering it to go straight, but not as bad as calling it dangarous.
  3. It runs at high rpm.  Well, I guess I am not used to it.  I played with around 8000-9000rpm all morning.  And from the traffic signal, I go up to 5000rpm before shifting up.  It redlines at 12500rpm, so I have a quite way to go.  I think it also has a rev limiter, so I don't think I will ever hit the redline.
That's it for now.

Comments