Brake Pads on Sportster & Oil Change on Ninja

Sportster 18,478 miles
Ninja 15,796 miles

Last oil/filter change on Ninja was 12,450.  So I guess I'm over 300 miles or so.  Last time I changed the oil/filter, I really worried about those gaskets, the big one and the small one. BUT when you buy Fram CH6012, they come with it.  Last time I bought them separately.  DOH!



While ago, I worked on replacing the rear turn signals with an integrated one.  They have been working great.  Today I also swapped the front turn signals with this rear take offs.  WHY?  The previous owner dumped the bike on each side and the front signals were not in a good shape.  The left one was especially bad.  It was held together with superglue, which means if I needed to change the bulb, I didn't have a way to change it.  Rear signals were not damaged at all, so they look brand new up front.  Kawasaki used the exact same turn signals on all four corners to cut manufacturing cost.  That turned out to be a real good thing for me - easy swap!!


On Sportster, the brakes start feeling a bit funny.  I needed to inspect them.  The front pads looked just fine.  They still had good 3/16" left on them.  So I left them alone.  BUT the rear brake pads only had about 1/16" left.  I replaced them with new pads.  (You can tell I like to use the rear brake more than the front one.)  She is good for a while.  =)

Comments