BMW F650CS Rear Tire Change

13,368 Miles
 








Shinko 009 in on the bike!

I've know this repair shop by our home called "Texas Cycle Center".  A riding buddy has recommend it to me, but I never needed their help, until yesterday.


I already had my mind made up to use them to have the rear tire mounted.  They charge $25.00 if I bring in the rim.  And in order for me to take off the rim, I need to get the exhaust can off the bike.  Well, the bolt that attaches the can to the rear step is an external torx.  I didn't know such think existed.  So I ended up taking the whole bike to him.





It was good thing I did that since he noticed that the belt was too tight.  This may be why I have been getting a bad fuel economy.'

Anyway, it's all done and bike is actually running much better.  YAY for Texas Cycle Center!

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you think the external tx bolt for the can is crazy wait till you see the 55mm nut holding the wheel on. And you can still get sockets that big but you'll need a 3'+ breaker bar to get the wheel off and back on again.
Jim K. said…
Yeah, I know what you mean. I leave the 55mm socket in my trunk. It is part of my tool kit.