FM Modulator

 Since February, when I bought the wind, I've been thinking the best way of bringing in sound from my iPhone (mp3 or Pandora radio) and Garmin GPS.  I know of the existence of FM modulator, but just couldn't decide, thinking there may be a better solution.

Some people call this an Inline FM Modulator.  Other may call it wired FM Modulator.  Either way, it is different from those that connects to cig. socket that emits FM signal.  Wireless FM Modulator tends to pick up other stations while you are trying to listening to your mp3 or GPS instructions.

Go this Modulator from Amazon for less than $30.00.



Basically the modulator has the Stereo Audio input, FM Antenna In and Out, fused power connection.

This modulator also allows you to choose from two frequencies.  I chose 88.3Hrz


Unplugged the OEM antenna connection.  This is where the modulators antenna connection goes.



There is a power switch next to the audio input.  Put this device in the right front pocket.



Connected the audio input device and switch to the modulator.



Place the modulator and connect its power.


Put the bike back together.  I'm done.

It think I am going to buy this adapter unit to connect both iPhone and GPS to the system.

That's it. Ride safe!

Comments