GreenGo! Mainenance Day

@35,000 miles

Today's Menu
Replacing ...
  1. Cruise filter
  2. Sub air filter
  3. Plug wire #6 
  4. Air Cleaner Box
  5. Fuel Filter
lastly, check the timing belt tension

The half of the battle to getting the body parts off and on.  GEEZ!





She is getting naked.  Oooooo baby!



So here is what the old cruise filter.  It fell a part as I pulled it out.  The sub air filter was in the same shape.  The sub air filter had to be oiled - K&N air filter oil to the rescue.



Everyone on Internet swears by this NAPA #3003 fuel filter.  It is a lot bigger than the OEM.   We'll see how it works out.



The #6 plug is always somewhat fouled as you see below.  I am betting this on a bad spark wire. 


I bought a used set of coils and wires off ebay for $20.00. 



I think the proper way to replace a plug wire is to remove the carb body.  But to remove the carb body, you have to drain the coolant - that's too much work.  My unconventional approach is the pull out the left radiator fan and get in there.

You see I can get there.  The red arrow indicates where I took off the #6 wire and the replacement about to go in.



I bought a used air cleaner box, too.  Parts of the box was broken when I got the bike.

Lastly, I re-checked the tension on the timing belts.  I think they were a bit too tight.  We'll see how she runs tomorrow.

Comments