Goldwind Driveshaft Maintenance

35,673 Miles

Since purchasing this bike, I haven't gotten around to work on the drive shaft yet.  So today, I am performing the following maintenance.


  • Grease the drive shaft
  • Change the final drive oil
Unfortunately, the the final drive is covered with STUFF. I will be working with following the instructions found online.
 











Here is where the final drive meets the wheel.  Get rid of all the nasty stuff.


Then apply the Moly 60 Paste.




Here is the shaft itself.  The engine side looks good, but still clean up and paste new Moly.

Pulled the shaft out from the final drive.  That looked good, too.  But still, clean up and paste new Moly.


Finally change the drive oil - but a bit of problem.  As I was finishing up, I broke the aluminum filler cap screw.  So, made a trip to dealer and $17.00 later, I installed the new cap with new o-ring.

I've got to follow the torque ratings.  I was just being too lazy.

Put all the body parts back on and we are done for another 2 years.

Comments