Low Side - Almost

A Chilly night in Houston - 55F or so.  After work, I walk to my Goldwing and let it warm up.  As it warms up, I gear up.  Take the side street to a main street, stop at the stop sign and wait for the traffic to clear.  By this time, I turn the choke off.  The engine is warm enough to chug at idle rpm.  It's time to turn left.

Clear on the left.  Good.

Clear on the right.... good enough.  Only one car approaching on the far lane.  I can go into the center turning lane and make sure that he didn't switch to the near lane.

Proceed cautiously.  I am doing good going straight.  I started to turn left.  I feel my tire sliding under me.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My natural reaction....  stick my left foot out to support the bike.  YEAH RIGHT - like I can support Goldwing with my one leg.  PLUS the boots which sticks really well to asphalt yanks my leg back. OUCH!  (See, the boots are supposed to stick well to the asphalt, so that I don't fall down at stop lights.  I don't want boots that slides and not be able to support me and the bike.)

Sharp pain through my left let and foot.  At that moment, that's all I think about.  Then realized that my bike was up going straight down the road.  Looked back to the car that was approaching.  It slowed WAY DOWN.  I bet s/he saw my little dance and waited for me to clear or NOT.

For about 5 min on the bike, I thought I broke something.  Didn't now what, but something.  After 15 min., I wasn't feeling much any more.  12 hours later, it's now - my ankle is a bit sore.  But that's all.

Watch out for your COLD tire!

Thank goodness.

Comments