Goldwing Speedometer Dead

On my way home on HOV lane, going 60 mph-ish, all the sudden my audio goes quieter.  I look up and my speedometer is dead.  My automatic volume control though my speed was 0mph and brought down the volume.

First thing I tried was to disconnect the speedometer cable from the left side of the front wheel and used the drill to run the cable by setting the drill to the reserve.  I confirmed that my meter works, so it was not broken cable.


Next, I lift the front wheel and spin it.  The gear is not turning.


I take the front wheel off and took the speedometer gear out.


Dosen't look good.


Need to buy a new one.


Wend to a local honda dealer and they did not have it in stock.  They will have it in by Wed. or Thu.  Until then, I guess I can ride without the speedometer.

=)

Comments