Street Glide Rocks!

I had a day to ride a Harley Davidson Street Glide.  The trip was 8 hours and 160 miles all over Hawai'i's Oahu Island.

The bike had 103 engine with 6 speed transmission - i think it was 2012 model.  Although it already had oil leak at 33,000 miles, my experience was very positive.  The fastest I rode was about 70 mph on H-1 - very smooth.  I was caught in the shower for about 15 min. without any traction issues.  I liked it a lot.  I need one in my garage.


Things I liked are ...
  • It has plenty power.  And the power seems to be pretty even throughout the rpm.  
  • Clutch was VERY light.  I can commute on it all day.
  • ABS
  • Stereo with AUX input
  • Cruise Control - Worked very well, just like my GoldWing.
  • Batwing fairing protecting from wind
  • Pretty stable even in rain.
  • I LOVE heel/toe shifter.
  • Nice metalic blue paint

Things I didn't like...

  • oil leak
  • doesn't idle that well - FI HD's seems to have this problem.
  • sidebags are too narrow - a half shell helmet didn't fit.
  • didn't have the reverse - I know I'm spoiled.
  • didn't have the rear speakers.
  • left foot position - a bit awkward with the heel shifter peg.

We all know that there is no PERFECT bike in this world.  But there are many bikes that are enjouable to ride.  And this one qualifies.  If I had the $$$, I would definitely add this (or Electra Glide) to my stable.



View Oahu Ride 2013 in a larger map




*This bike was rented from Chase Hawaii Rentals, 138 Uluniu Ave in Waikiki - very friendly place and competitive $$.
http://chasemotorcyclerentals.com/

Comments