close one....

It was Sunday PM.  I'm riding my Goldwing through a nice TEXAS two lane highway.  I come up to two Harleys going about 5 miles below speed limit.  I didn't want to be rude, so I decided to ride behind them.  This went on for about 5 miles.
We come up to a pick up truck, which was driving even slower than those Harleys.  Those HD boys don't want to pass this truck.  I tried to be patient and follow them.  This goes on for another 5 miles or so.

I'm getting a bit impatient.  About at this time, the leader of those two, finally decides to pass the truck at a nice stretch.  No car is coming on the opposite lane.  I'm thinking "It's clear boys. Let me see how fast your HDs can go!"  It would have been a EASY pass for all three of us.

All three of us are on the opposite lane in the passing action.  Next moment, the leader pass the truck completely and moves to the right lane.  I expect the second guy and me to follow him.

All of the sudden, the leader puts on the left turn signal to go into a bar on the left, making a sudden left turn.  The pick up truck brakes.  The 2nd Harley guy almost run into this dude turning in front of him.  I am trying not to run into this 2nd Harley guy.

Lessons learned: Don't follow strangers on bikes.  Don't expect people to be a smart rider/driver.  Expect people to pull stupid stunts.

Comments