Cheeseburger Loop - our first attempt

My DRZ friend Rick and I attempted our first Cheeseburger Loop. We only completed 2/3 or so, but it was a good ride.

Here is the overview of what we did. (not 100% accurate)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PR6_JuZykXngZDJbSNf1o_tMCJ-Vead2&usp=sharing

Left Walmart around 9:30 and followed the loop to the dirt turn off at FM1375 & CR233. CR233 was a good hard packed dirt road. A third rider joined us around that time. S/he followed us all the way to the next non-dirt road (FM1374). It's too bad, I wanted to meet him/her.

Right before FM1374, the GPX track uses CR222. Unfortunately, it is closed. You have to go straight on 224 to get to FM1374, then take a left. There was a group of three riders who were confused and stopped at CR222 / CR224 intersection.  After a while, we met up with them at FM1374 & CR215 (aka Stubblefield Lake Rd). A V-Strom 1000 was leading the group, followed by R1200R and ST1100. Since the bridge was closed on Stubblefield Lake Rd, we were trying to figure out what route to take. They went onto Carlos, TX to Yankee Tavern. We decided to take Bowden Rd. to FM1791.

We went south from once on FM1791 and got back on the Cheeseburger Loop on CR209. Skipped the little loop to Shiro since we were short on time. Continued to Bedias. Stopped at the Chevron gas station, aka Smiley's and had lunch. 



Short on time.... We decided to head south to Anderson and pick up the loop from there. We were back at Walmart by about 2:30.

I trailered my DRZ to Walmart and parked it. I was there around 8:30 am. When I unloaded the bike, it won't start. When I hit the starter button, it clicks once. It will not turn. hmmmm.... I went into Walmart and bought a jumper cable and jumped the bike. Nothing changed.

I unbolted both battery terminals, then hooked them back up. Then left it hooked to my car battery (car not running) for 5 min. Then it started. I had no problem with the rest of the day until I got home.

After I got home - trailering for 1.5 hrs - DRZ acted the same. Starter button will cause the bike to click once, but it will not turn.  There definitely is some type of electric gremlin. I decided she doesn't like the trailer ride.... But my first gut feeling is the starter solenoid.  We will see.



Comments