Cameron TX Loop

F800GS Trophy @ 15,200 miles

130-mile loop - takes about 4 hours - On 9/18/2021

I found this loop on a forum. I have been wanting to ride it for several months now. The loop goes from Cameron, TX, down to the north side of Lake Summerville and back. I did the loop counterclockwise.


It was a fun loop. I took my F800GS, riding back road to Cameron, TX - about one hour or so. I gassed up and started to head out to where the loop begins - just southeast of the town beyond the river.



The loop takes you to nice paved backroads and much unpaved gravel roads. There were a few deep sandy spots which made me nervous. But I didn't lay the bike down and I didn't have any flat! 



I didn't take any break and it took about 4 hours. It took 2.5 hours to the south most end of the loop and 1.5 hours back.  Next time, I might stop in Caldwell and have lunch.





Comments