Good-bye DRZ

During the winter months and spring, I've been contemplating my motorcycle situation. I wasn't 100% happy with the F800GS' performance. (Since then F8 has been sold.) I thought that perhaps, I can replace DRZ and F800GS with one bike. The candidates were
  • Yamaha Tenere 700
  • KTM 690 Enduro R (2019 or newer)
  • Honda CRF 300L Rally
All these bikes were difficult to find used. Of course, I wanted the bike to be well farkled. I've found several. I contacted them all. Then I was typically one hour too late. I was patient. I played this game for a few months.

One day, I got lucky to find a CRF300L Rally. (https://xamper.blogspot.com/2022/04/crf300l-rally.html) So now, the DRZ goes.

I put it up on a local motorcycle forum and on the same day, someone contacted me. On the next day, it was sold.

The Mighty D was a great bike. It provided me with lots of great memories. I know the next guy will enjoy her.

Comments